According to the J.D. Power Asia Pacific 2012 India Associates and APEAL Study: New Vehicle attraction & satisfaction is increasing with its interior design. In it`s 14th years, APEAL study makes a report that what thing satisfy to the car owners after buying a new vehicle. The Study measured it with 10 categories: vehicle exterior look, vehicle interior look, audio system, storage space, seating, ventilation, heating, air condition, engine transmission and driving safety . APEAL study indexed 1000 points as a higher score that will indicate the higher satisfaction.
The Study Finds that since from four years the percentage of the impression of Vehicle`s interior look for satisfying to the car owners is increasing consistently , particularly in the two most wanting vehicles segment in India Small Car & Utility . However the Visibility and driving safety is still following to the car interior in satisfying the customer’s .The interior design factor got 28 points improvement comparing with 2009 and 8 points improvement over 2011.
Carmakers have made their best efforts and investments to improve the overall designing quality and interior design of vehicles. Said Mohit Arora. Executive Director of H.D. Power Asia Pacific. This can be show in new car models and facelift version of launched in 2012 . Both newly launched and facelift version of models gets 17 points higher comparing with other factors. “The Overall APEAL study that the Interior gets 836 points, which is the 7 points higher from 2011” . The other factors are same from 2011.
Satisfaction is also increase between the Diesel car owners and petrol car owners. in 2012, The Diesel Vehicle gets the 22 point extra from the petrol cars, while in 2009 the Petrol Vehicles has the 3 points higher than diesel vehicles . Diesel vehicles gets the averages score of 839 points for fuel economy factors in 2012 which is the 24 points higher that the petrol segments.
“The Fuel Price gap between the Diesel and Petrol segments playing a very important role to satisfying customers . ” Said Arora.
Below are the Models results according to the Segments,
• The Chevrolet Spark and Maruti Suzuki Estilo, which are the highest rank achiever, get the tie match with a score of 837 each . the Chevrolet Spark performs well with their audio system, driving categories while the Maruti Suzuki Estilo Performs well with their seating comfort .
• The Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire with 841 points, got the Highest rank in the midsize entry level car for a fifth consecutive year.
• The Maruti Suzuki SX4 and Nissan Sunny with 853 points, get the highest rank with tie match in midsize car segments. Both of the models perform with Storage and space and HVAC categories respectively.
• The Honda Jazz with 866 Points got the highest rank in premium compact car segment and performs well in all 10 categories.
• Toyota leads the utility vechicles, innova with 872 points, still get the highest rank in MUV/MPV segments since from six consecutive years. Fortuner with 877 points gets the highest rank in SUV segments.
The 2012 India APEAL study is based from the 8,000 new vechicles owners who bought a New Cars between November 2011 and July 2012.